Congratulations Apple on iTunes U 1 billion downloads
At Claxton Creative, we’ve been working to generate content for iTunes U for our clients and studying ways to enhance this ever-expanding form of e-Learning.
Classes on iTunes U are free. That drives some learned professors mad as they don’t understand the revenue model shift. Usually, people pay the school for a seat in a class and class numbers are limited and then there is the sale of recommended books and all.
With iTunes U, that model is changing and let’s just be fair to say there are some in academia who have resisted the shift to this revenue model. That’s probably putting it mildly.
How does a professor make money doing an iTunes U course? They have an interactive book, preferably one we’ve helped them make for iPad and they use it as the resource for the class. To take the class, a student needs the book for iPad, which can be bought seamlessly through the Apple iBookstore. The more people who take the class, the more who need the book for iPad. Simple formula. No standing in long lines to register for a class. No meeting with your counselor. Easy.
It’s also this form of delivery that’s changing the overall method of teaching, and we’ve talked about that before much here on ClaxtonCreative.com. For teachers who do not yet understand, the traditional stand and deliver model of teaching is fast becoming a thing of the past. Self-paced learning, user-centered-learning, are new terms that are catching on in use and meaning.
At Claxton Creative, we are a part of this move to change the educational system for the better and for the future. This is the learning of tomorrow already happening today.
Are you a professor with a tome you need converted to a book for iPad, complete with video, interactive maps, charts and graphs? What if you could have your students using your book and not being able to advance to the next chapter sequence until they have demonstrated mastery? Yeah, that’s what we can help you make a reality. And who benefits from that? Your students, and ultimately, your wallet.
- iTunes U Hits 1 Billion Downloads (mashable.com)
- News: iTunes U content downloads top one billion (ilounge.com)
- Apple Announces iTunes U Content Has Topped One Billion Downloads (cultofmac.com)
- Apple’s edtech play, iTunes U, reaches 1B content downloads (venturebeat.com)
- ∞ iTunes U tops 1 billion downloads (loopinsight.com)
- iBookstore Now on iTunes (epicagear.com)
- My post-iTunes life (reviews.cnet.com)
- Apple’s iTunes U smashes one billion downloads milestone (slashgear.com)
- Apple Announces iTunes U Content Tops One Billion Downloads (iClarified.com)
- iTunes U content hits one billion downloads (mobile-ent.biz)