Watch Out For This Chinese Scam–picweb.net Domain Registration
This email came during the night. A look in Google reveals that a similar email was sent to someone else on Feb. 21, 2013, that reads almost identically.
Please take the time to ignore this and block the sender in your Mail rules. And for Heaven’s sake, don’t reply.
Anna Liu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Urgent: “” Internet Brand and domain name registration
(Mail to the brand holder, thanks)
I’m sorry to disturb you so abruptly.
We are the department of registration service in China. On March 6,2013, we received an application formally. One company named “XiangLong Investment Co.,Ltd” had applied for the Internet Brand “claxtoncreative” and some relevant domain names through our body.
Now we are handling this registration, and we found that the keyword of these domain names and Internet Brand is identical with your company’s. So now we need to confirm a couple of things with you:
1. If your company consigns that company to register these domain names and Internet Brand, we will send an application form to them and help them finish the registration at once.
2. If your company has nothing to do with that company, they maybe have other purposes to register these domain names and Internet Brand.
We haven’t finished the registration of that company yet, and we have postponed the application of this company temporarily already. In order to deal with this issue better, please contact us by telephone or email as soon as possible.
In addition, we hereby affirm that our time limit for dissent application is 7 days. If your company files no dissent within the time limit, we will unconditionally approve the application submitted by that company.
Phone: +86-551 6512 0117
Fax: +86-551 6512 3308
Address:AnGao World Cities,No. 99,WangJiang West Road,HeFei,AnHui Province,China
ShangHai Headquarters: Postal Code:201315
Address:No.11,Lane 788,Xiupu Road,Nanhui District,ShangHai,China
- Setting Nameservers for Your Domain Names (sallysspecialservices.wordpress.com)
- .Org Domain Names Now Discounted at SuperCheapDomainNames.com (prweb.com)
- SiberName has Re-opened Registrations of .CN Domains (prweb.com)
- Domain.com Launches “Never Stop Creating” Challenge at SXSW (prweb.com)
- Pat Pilcher: Domain name ding dong (nzherald.co.nz)
- What is Domain Name Registration? (24hoursit.wordpress.com)
- What Are the Rules for the Structure of a Domain Name? (24hoursit.wordpress.com)
- Two More New gTLD Applications Withdrawn: .HEINZ & .KETCHUP (thedomains.com)
- Nominet shelves plan for shorter .uk domain names (for now) (domainnamewire.com)
- Choosing A Good Domain Name (techiesupport.wordpress.com)
Friday we saw a Google Alert of a FOX News story of counselors offering Skype Counseling Sessions. A quick email to our client revealed what we’d not previously known. Two counselors are offering Skype counseling sessions–one even to a client in Russia, and they’re working out well.
So after a quick email pitch to KDFW FOX 4’s Shaun Rabb here in Dallas, we had a date set for this afternoon at 1 p.m.
The piece on FOX 4 is stellar.
We’re bringing this to your attention because we simply used Google Alerts to find a subject matter that applied to a client and then sought to localize the coverage. We’re told that KDFW is actually going to put the video on the FOX ONO system–meaning it’s going to be sent to FOX stations around the country for them to slip in during their coverage when they need a news story. You really can’t beat that kind of exposure for a client.
So here’s the link to the FOX 4 story.
And here’s a link to our client’s site: http://www.prestonplacecounseling.com, where they also added a blog post about their feelings involving Skype counseling sessions.
- Lync 2013 is everything that Skype should be. Why do they both exist? (arstechnica.com)
- Microsoft’s Messenger Merging With Skype (misco.co.uk)
- Exclusive-Skype’s Jonathan Rosenberg, Father of SIP, Bolts Back To Cisco (andyabramson.blogs.com)
- Google Hangouts over Skype ? (harshbhagtani92.wordpress.com)
- Skype and Lync the same? (community.spiceworks.com)
- CIA using Skype in Homeland (brandsandfilms.com)
- Have a Higher Education Background? Become an Online Career Counselor (chroniclerwriting.com)
- O2 UK Launches TU Go VoiP App To Take On Skype (geeky-gadgets.com)
Press Club of Dallas Book For iPad–Making the $$ Work
Attached is the link to my book for iPad, which was my presentation to the Press Club of Dallas on March 2, 2013. Feel free to download the book. Once it’s on your desktop, drop it into iTunes and then sync your iPad. The file is about 130 MBs so it will take a few minutes to download. To use on your iPad, you will need at least iOS 5.1 and iBooks 2.
@BurgerKing Hacked–Are You Next?
Today someone got into the @BurgerKing Twitter account and eventually after one hour’s time, Twitter brought the hack to an end by suspending the account. Nearly three hours later, it’s still down. Yes, it’s a holiday but it’s having an impact on Burger King’s image, and even netted McDonald’s and their latest fish product.
There were a few comical moments on Twitter–when people started saying that WHOPPER123 wasn’t a good password. And of course, when the account went down some said Burger King was going to use a new, stronger password–WHOPPER1234. But ultimately, what happened wasn’t funny. And we doubt there are many at Burger King or McDonald’s who think it was funny.
Of course there is no real way to know if @BurgerKing‘s hacking today allegedly by @Anonymous was related to the 250,000 passwords on Twitter that were supposedly recently compromised, but now makes for as good as time as any to reset your own password security systems and to emphasize once again to your clients that they need to do the same–excluding the obvious NameOfBusiness2013 or Password123 that many seem to use thinking, well, I’m not sure what they’re thinking.
We hope the FBI and other federal organizations will be able to track the perpetrators of this crime, and it is a crime, let alone a civil liability issue.
DON’T TAKE CHANCES WITH YOUR PASSWORDS
There are a long list of suggested tips for passwords these days. But there are some basic things one never should do:
1) Don’t use the same password for every site. If hackers got your password from Twitter and that’s the only one you use, they can now get into your Facebook, Pinterest, bank accounts, and who knows where else.
2) Don’t use spelled out words in your passwords. Even using 1 for the letter 1 and 3 for E and zero for the letter O doesn’t security proof your password if you’re using H1Th3r3j03123. That’s just not going to cut it these days.
3) Don’t use your name, the name of your business, the name of your dog, cat, spouse, daughter, girl/boyfriend, in your password. Never use the year or 123 or 1234. And forget about your birthday.
BURGER KING, WE’RE HAPPY TO HELP
To the social media reps at Burger King, we’re happy to work with you in any way to help rebuild after this incident.
- Burger King Twitter account hacked: name, avatar changed to McDonald’s (vancouversun.com)
- Burger King’s Twitter Account Hacked; Changed To McDonald’s (fox2now.com)
- Hacker takes over Burger King’s tweets (newsnet5.com)
- Hacker takes over Burger King’s tweets (wcpo.com)
- Burger King’s Twitter Is Hacked, Rebranded as McDonald’s (adweek.com)
- Burger King Twitter account hacked, changed to McDonald’s (fox6now.com)
- Burger King Twitter account hacked, McDonald’s was (probably) lovin’ it (digitaltrends.com)
- Burger King sold to McDonald’s? No, just hacked (nbcnews.com)
- Burger King Twitter account ‘hacked by McDonald’s’ (metro.co.uk)
- Burger King Twitter hacked, posting under ‘McDonalds’ (kmov.com)
DALLAS PARENTS SHOWING SPECIAL SIDES OF ‘BROKEN-HEARTED’ CHILDREN, RAISING AWARENESS ABOUT HEART DEFECTS CUPID CAN’T CURE
Interview Local Parents, Children Featuring Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week Feb. 7-14 During Mended Little Hearts of Dallas Support Group Event
DALLAS—It’s almost Valentine’s Day, the time for Cupid, colored candy hearts, cards and this year, Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week, a time when parents of “broken-hearted” children are seeking to raise awareness for the importance of prenatal screening, post-birth pulse and oxygen testing, and supporting children who live with “broken hearts” year round.
Two Dallas-area moms with children who have a CHD are available for interviews, along with Emma, 2, and Pablo, 15, and others in the area who have been affected by CHD and who are trying to educate the public about the importance of recognizing the signs and symptoms of this disease.
A monthly support meeting also is slated for Feb. 11, at 6:30 p.m. at Children’s Medical Center in Dallas provided flu conditions do not re-escalate and the hospital prohibits such on-site activities out of concern for the families involved.
WHAT, WHERE, WHEN:
- Pre-event interviews with Sarah Stewart and her daughter, Emma, who has Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
- Pre-event interviews with Alejandra Romo and son, Pablo, who had Transposition of Great Arteries when he was 10 days old
- Feb. 11, 2013: Mended Little Hearts of Dallas support group meeting at Children’s Medical Center, Dallas, with family members of children in the hospital’s Heart Intensive Care Unit at 6:30 p.m. in the DL Café Seating area.
*Editor’s Note: Because it is flu and RSV season, children like Emma are not permitted to go to the hospital unless they are sick, and children in the hospital are not permitted to leave the ICU because they are sick, so to get video of an affected child, it is necessary to do an off-site, in-home interview. (Reporters and photographers also must not be experiencing flu, RSV or cold-like symptoms in order to be around the CHD children and parents.)
During the Feb. 11, 6:30 p.m. MLH support meeting at Children’s Medical Center, family members of those suffering from this disease will be treated to a meal outside the ICU in an effort to take their minds off of the condition of their child, to offer encouragement from moms and dads whose children also have the disease but are not currently in the hospital, and to recognize the national awareness campaign.
According to the National Institute of Health, CHDs are the most common type of birth defect, affecting eight out of every 1,000 newborns. Each year, more than 35,000 babies in the United States are born with a CHD. But according to Stewart, the signs are not always obvious.
“I like to think of CHDs as a silent fight most of the time. My Emma wears visible signs of her fight: oxygen tubing, feeding tube, etc.; however, there are many children living among us that look ‘normal’ on the outside. Unless you see their ‘zipper,’ or scar tissue from surgery, you likely would not know of their daily battle of living with a ‘broken heart,’” Stewart said.
“Through Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week in Dallas, we are seeking to raise awareness about heart defects that Cupid’s arrow can’t cure.”
Background on Emma: Emma has had three major open-heart surgeries, was intubated for more than six months, endured an inpatient hospital stay for 12 of the first 15 months of her life, and continues to require significant medical care. Emma’s specific case is rare. Her parents learned of her specific heart conditions before she was born and sought out the best medical care for her in the special heart patient intensive care unit at Children’s Medical Center in Dallas.
Background on CHDs: A CHD is a problem with the heart’s structure that are present at birth. Common examples include holes in the inside walls of the heart and narrowed or leaky valves. In more severe forms, blood vessels or heart chambers may be missing, poorly formed and/or in the wrong place.
CHDs are the most common birth defects. CHDs occur in almost 1 percent of births. Nationally each year, between 100-200 deaths are due to unrecognized heart disease in newborns. These numbers exclude those dying before diagnosis. About 40,000 children in the US are born each year with a CHD.
Figures show that nearly 25 percent of children born with a CHD will require heart surgery or other interventions in order to survive. Today, more than 85 percent of babies born with a CHD will survive to age 18, but children with more severe cases are less likely to reach adulthood.
Mrs. Stewart often points out that nearly twice as many children die from CHDs in the US each year as from all forms of childhood cancer, yet funding for pediatric cancer research is five times higher than funding for CHDs.
Claxton Creative, LLC
Claxton Creative is a Dallas-based full-service public relations firm focused on the development of interactive, multi-touch publications for mobile devices worldwide. The company was founded by former Dallas ISD communications director, Donald J. Claxton.
- Facebook users join hands to “Save the Little Hearts” (technology.inquirer.net)
- Nabadat initiative shows a big heart (gulfnews.com)
- Presenting Our 1st Warrior, Aurora! (queenofheartsnatalie.com)
- Heart Show: Feb. 9 (local10.com)
- Babies’ milestone parents thought they’d never see (manchestereveningnews.co.uk)
- Perceived Stress May Predict Future Risk Of Coronary Heart Disease (medicalnewstoday.com)
- CNY family pushes for new test for babies (9wsyr.com)
- February is Heart Awareness Month (professorowlsbookcorner.wordpress.com)
- Heart disease a woman killer (pinnaclelife.co.nz)
We are proud to announce that Dr. Terri Gonzales of Preston Place Counseling here in Dallas is now taking enrollment applications for parents of children under the age of 10 who are struggling with behavioral issues in their child and seeking assistance. Her child-parent relationship classes will be held on Thursday evenings from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Dr. Gonzales is the play therapist at Preston Place Counseling in North Dallas, which is located on Preston Road just south of Interstate 635/LBJ Freeway.
Details about her course are included in the video below and we encourage members of the news media interested in doing a report on the classes to please contact us. For information about signing up for the course, please call 214-702-6572. Space is limited so call today.
I shot a funeral today for a client at the Grove Hill Funeral Home on Samuel in Dallas, Texas today. While talking to the building organizer about particulars of the event, I could not help but notice how Grove Hill is using QR Codes to help their guests keep track of information, sign an online registration, etc.
For a techno-geeek such as myself, it was actually a novel, and brilliant application of the technology.
I must admit, I didn’t do it justice shooting a photo of it with an iPhone and the flash on, but you can still make it out enough to see they’ve got it going on at this place. And really, from soup to nuts, they really did.
My client’s family was treated with care and concern. And anyone else coming in got the same treatment.
But the photo clearly goes to show you. We’re stuck with Social Media from here on out. Even after we’re gone….
- Create QR Code
- Barcodes of the Next Generation: London Takes QR Technology to the Streets
- Bop Design Discusses QR Codes and How B2B Firms Can Use Them
- OMS Asia Introduces GrapevineQR Viral Code: Instant Viral Marketing Through Facebook
- Nokia’s PhotoBeamer Automatically Shares Photos Using QR Codes
- QR Codes Gone Wild
- QR codes under threat from new tech
- The giant human QR code in Taiwan
- Top 100 Magazines Increased QR Code Usage by 617% in 2011
- Cry for Attention: Taiwan Makes QR Code From 1,369 People
Scholar To Release Daily Facts To Debunk Mayan Calendar Doomsday Predictions
SAN FRANCISCO—Maya Scholar Dr. Mark Van Stone Thursday announced that beginning Nov. 21 and running until Dec. 21, daily emails, texts and web postings will be available to highlight and debunk the many myths that have been perpetuated about the upcoming end of the Maya calendarin 36 days.
Available through the publisher of his book for 2012: Science & Prophecy of the Ancient Maya, Dr. Van Stone said each daily update will feature one of the more common “predictions” that have been wrongly projected onto the Maya, and answered with helpful resources to debunk them.,
“There are dozens of misconceptions, myths and just plain wrong pseudo-scientific claims that have been cast upon the innocent Maya and now that we’re under 40 days before the end of their calendar, I expect them to grow in number,” Dr. Van Stone said. “To counter the non-sense, we have assembled a list of 30 myths and we’re going to focus on educating the public on how wrong they are.”
Among the chief misconceptions Van Stone said he will address are:
- The frequent misuse of the Aztec Calendar Stone to represent the Maya calendar
- The galactic alignment will cause the earth to be sucked into the heart of the universe
- Massive pole shifts will cause major magnetic disruptions around the world
- There will be massive earthquakes
- We will enter a new era of blissful human consciousness
To subscribe to the daily messages, parents, teachers, and children who are hearing about the predictions and are concerned, can visit ClaxtonCreative.com and register to receive daily emails, texts, or can log on to read more.
“We want to get the word out to the public. Already we’re hearing daily from parents who say their son or daughter heard something at school and are very scared about what’s going to happen on Dec. 21, 2012,” Dr. Van Stone said. “As a scholar, but even more importantly, as a father myself, I feel there’s a duty to ensure as many people get the right information about this as is possible. There is so much bad information out there. In many ways it’s become sickening.”
Van Stone is recognized internationally and in the field of Maya studies as one of four Maya scholars who have written a book about the 2012 phenomena that should be taken seriously.
In August, he released his first book for iPad, which is 179 pages long, has 53 videos of 14 additional Maya scholars, four 3D animations, and hundreds of interactive multi-touch images.
- Paper Highlights Tech Aspects Of New Book For The iPad, Maya 2012 Predictions
- Oldest Known Mayan Calendar Debunks December 2012 Myth
- Hotel Xixim, Yucatan, Mexico, Offers Symposium on the Mayan Calendar End Date 2012
- Atlanta: Maya Scholar Uses Something The Maya Never Predicted – Book for the iPad© To Explain, Debunk The 2012 Prophecy
- The Motel 6 Maya Calendar Commercial – Funny
- Why Some Believe the World Will End on Dec 21, 2012 When the Mayan Calendar Expires – Leading Jungian Experts Explore this Phenomenon
- Mayans Never Predicted December 2012 Apocalypse, Researchers Say
- Maya Scholar Speaks At Emory Tonight In ATL – What Mistakes Of The Maya Are We Repeating?!?!
- Mayan Calendar 2012: Superstorm Sandy, Extreme Weather and the Armageddon Prophecy
We now are accepting submissions for manuscripts for books for iPad. Please complete the form on our site and we will be in touch with you promptly to discuss how to make these amazing new “books.”
Wir haben jetzt akzeptieren Einreichungen für Manuskripte für Bücher für iPad. Bitte füllen Sie das Formular auf unserer Seite und wir werden mit Ihnen in Verbindung sein, zeitnah zu diskutieren, wie diese erstaunliche neue machen “Bücher.”
Nous acceptons les soumissions de manuscrits de livres pour iPad. S’il vous plaît remplir le formulaire sur notre site et nous prendrons contact avec vous rapidement pour discuter de la façon de rendre ces étonnantes nouvelles «livres».
Ora sono, iscrizioni aperte per i manoscritti di libri per iPad. Si prega di compilare il modulo sul nostro sito e saremo in contatto con voi immediatamente per discutere su come rendere questi incredibili nuovi “libri.”
- iPads in Education – 32 Port Sync & Charge Station for iPads
- Books for iPad – iBooks Author 3D Animations
- Adisseo Adds a MilkPay App for iPad
- Apple Announces iPad Mini, iPad 4
- Custom iPad Case Makes One of the Best Holiday Gifts
- FreshBooks Rolls Out Its iPad App, Enabling Accounting From …
- “This Is Why You Don’t Buy an iPad From Walmart”
- Banned Microsoft Surface vs. iPad Video Surfaces
- Crossword Puzzles, or iPad Problems
- Making an app for a single iPad
Books for the iPad, and the newly released iPad mini, include iBooks Author 3D animations, videos, multi-touch interactive images, puzzles, study guide notecards and now, with the release of the iBooks 3 app—social media. All those things are cool.
Today’s post, however, is focused on iBooks Author 3D animations.
Welcome To The Museum Where You Touch EVERYTHING!
In short, you can’t do 3D animations in the eBooks format used by competitors of the iPad. Most don’t have the memory for it and they don’t have the technical capabilities.
The 3D animations in Claxton Creative-published books make reading one of our books like going to a museum where you are required to touch everything. They are absolutely the coolest part about books for iPad and the video below helps show you why. With our recently released, “What ” (Available via free download) our goal is to help educate the public, parents, teachers, administrators, even corporate managers who are looking to improve their maintenance manuals and training materials, about how amazing this new form of book, really is. Isn’t Saying About Books For iPad,
One great example is in one of our published works. The 3D animations of Maya and Aztec artifacts in Dr. Mark Van Stone’s 2012: Science & Prophecy of the Ancient Maya set it apart from any other book ever made or written on the subject. It’s available on the iBookstore and selling well.
3D Animations–Where The “Magic” Happens
With 3D animations in books for iPad, this is where the true, jaw-dropping magic happens. We have been working with working with some incredible 3D developers here in Dallas and if you want to do a book that includes these cool animations, we’d be happy to work with you.
If you want to highlight an object in a book and have it rotate and allow users to pinch it or enlarge it, our 3D animations are the best thing that’s ever been invented for such.
Watch the video below. If you have a book you’d like to submit for publishing, we’d be happy to set up an introductory conference call and begin the process.
If you have an iPad and haven’t checked out books for iPad in iBooks 3 yet, we encourage you do to so.
And if you haven’t downloaded our free book for iPad, “What Apple Isn’t Saying About Books For iPad,” there’s no time like the present! (Downloading the book takes time and you’ll need to do it over WiFi. Also must be running at least iOS 5.o and have minimum of iBooks 2.0 on your iPad. It will not download to an iPhone.)
- Books for iPad – The Great Gold Landslide of 2012 And Beyond
- ‘What Apple Isn’t Saying About Books For iPad’
- iBooks 3, iBooks Author Now Include A Social Media Component
- October 23 Apple iPad Mini Event Should Include An iBooks Author Update
- What Did The Ancient Maya Say About The Obama Re-Election?
- iPad Mini Big Deal For Education In America
- Dallas Publisher Of Books For iPad To Be On KLIF Radio Thursday 6:36 a.m CST
- Awaiting The iPad Mini
- What Apple Isn’t Saying About Books For iPad – Free Download